Meet the Students
Although more students are choosing online education each semester, others still have concerns about attending college online. The range of reactions to an online degree can be vast. While some approach the idea with enthusiasm, others are not only cautious, but are downright skeptical about the value of an online degree.
Still others are undecided. They see the obvious perks to studying online, like the convenience and flexibility that online education offers. But they also perceive drawbacks, and have a lot of unanswered questions. For instance, a lot of the value that a traditional education holds is in the personal interaction that occurs between students, their peers and their teachers, both inside the classroom and outside. How can online schools compensate for the lack of personal contact? And how can students submit all homework assignments via a digital format?
For answers to these questions and more, look through our online student interviews. Whether you are a student, considering online education for yourself, or employer, deciding how to value a potential employee’s online degree, you’ve come to the right spot to learn about the whos, whats, whens, wheres, whys and hows of online education.
By reading the individual stories of the actual online students that are profiled here, you will be able to see a representative sample of the students who choose online education. You will be able to read their reasons for pursuing online school instead of a traditional on-campus program, see what the online curriculum looks like at a variety of schools and learn how and when these remarkable students manage to complete their coursework amidst a plethora of other responsibilities. But, most importantly perhaps, you will be able to learn how these students feel about the education that they are earning from the schools that they attend.
- Allison Steers Master of Science in Management Read Interview →
- Beverly Farmer PhD in Public Service Leadership Read Interview →
- Elizabeth Nazarchyk Associate of Science in Health Information Technology Read Interview →
- Kerri Edwards Associate of Science Read Interview →
- Lee Jensen Master of Criminal Justice Read Interview →
- Lisa Rhoden Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Healthcare Management Read Interview →
- Norton Forton Master of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics Read Interview →
- Patricia Kujawa BS in General Psychology / MS in Human Behavior Read Interview →
- Sarah Neary Master of Business Administration Read Interview →
- Troy Duchane Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration Read Interview →
- Troy Whitfield Master of Science in Information Technology Read Interview →