Online PhD in Management through Organizational Development and Change Requirements
As with any degree, pursing an online doctorate in management through organizational development and change requires dedication and a strong desire to learn. Successful students are driven, fast thinking and have strong time management skills. Those studying to obtain online doctorate degrees in management through organizational development and change will have the opportunity to apply these characteristics to a rewarding educational experience.
Candidates for an online management through organizational development and change doctorate generally have a master degree in any of the following fields:
- Business Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
Many online PhD management through organizational development and change students come from various industries with experience as human resource managers, operations managers, or financial consultants.
Online PhD programs in management through organizational development and change typically take between 4-5 years to complete. Students are required during this time to submit scholarly papers, excel in examinations, and produce a lengthy dissertation by the end of their online PhD in management through organizational development and change.
Top online doctoral programs in management through organizational development and change emphasize the ability to apply theory and efficient organization agendas to real life situations. Many of the courses required to obtain online doctoral degrees in management through organizational development and change stress the linkage and cross-utilization of these skills.
Courses common to the top online management through organizational development and change PhD programs include:
- Operation Optimization: Students learn how to keep business operations at their peak productivity through modeling and appropriate scheduling.
- Policy-making: This online management through organizational development and change PhD course gives students an overview of the policy-making process from start to finish, in addition to demonstrating how those policies interact with businesses.
- Organizational Development: This course equips students with the tools to make effective decision with regard to the consequence of targeted change within various components of an organization.
- Executive Administration: Students learn the tasks and complications associated with executive level administration to better understand how changes in upper-management structure trickle down to lower employees.
- Financial Operations: This course give students a solid picture of financial workflows in business to better understand how varying agendas can also sharply effect money and other operational channels.
Specializations and Concentrations
Management is a broad field. In order to become an expert in a specific niche of organizational management, students sometimes pursue concentrations within online doctoral programs in management through organizational development and change. Core classes remain the same through all of these different specializations, but each has additional online management through organizational development and change PhD courses that are unique.
Specialties and concentrations related to online PhD degrees in management through organizational development and change include:
- Engineering Management
- Operations Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- Global Organization Strategy
Students graduating from accredited online doctorate programs in management through organizational development and change have the option of a wide range of careers to choose from. Popular choices among online PhD in management through organizational development and change graduates include:
- Professor: Academia is a comfortable place for people with a PhD. Professors work to develop curricula and to teach, as well as mentor, new students. Organizational development and change professors make between $70,000 and $100,000 per year and enjoy stable job security.
- Human Resource Developer: Human resource developers provide novel structuring methods for company HR departments, as well as act as consultants to provide advice on how to improve employee-business relationships. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, these professionals average about $95,000 per annum. This industry is expected to grow considerably from now until 2018.
- Executive Officer: Executive officers sit at the uppermost tier of management in all businesses. These professionals ensure smooth operations, manage network connections and work with major contractors to keep monetary flows stable. Executive Officers make $80,000 per annum and up.
- Entrepreneur: Entrepreneurs turn big ideas into businesses. These professionals aren’t afraid to take risks and spend a lot of time presenting ideas to venture capitalists, networking, and coming up with innovative solutions to everyday problems. With the right drive, these professionals can earn anywhere from $50,000 per year and up.
- Business Consultant: Business consultants provide advice on all aspects of business practice, from management restructuring to many other facets of internal organization. Consultants make around $80,000 per year or more, and this market is expected to see competitive growth until 2018.
Many jobs do not require a PhD for employment, but having acquired one from a top online school can be an enormous benefit in the form of a steady income and secure options for the future.