Online PhD in Computer Science in Enterprise Information Systems Requirements
Anyone entering a top online PhD in computer science in enterprise information systems should have extensive computer and business skills, be prepared to balance work, family, and study, and be willing to submit transcripts and employment records.
The best doctoral degrees in computer science in enterprise information systems require students to have a master’s degree when they apply to the program. In most cases, this will be a computer science related master’s in one of the following fields or one like it:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Database Management
- IT Project Management
Students entering top online PhD programs in Computer Science in Enterprise Information Systems are often working as systems analysts, database administrators, IT managers, CAD operators, software engineers or developers, or computer programmers.
Accredited online doctoral programs in computer science in enterprise information systems are a combination of business and computer technology courses. These will be taken online, and the student will have to read and write extensively in preparation. In addition, they will have to apply the knowledge they receive to real life situations. This degree usually takes 3 to 4 years to complete.
The best online doctoral programs in computer science in enterprise information systems focus on both the technology of business IT systems and the business aspect. These systems are in place to keep businesses running efficiently and securely. Some of the courses included in an online computer science in enterprise information systems PhD program may include:
- Information Systems Strategy: This class examines the way information technology is being used to influence the competitive strategy of corporations and to assess the impact of strategic deployment of information systems.
- Advanced Information Technology: This course examines contemporary information areas, such as advanced database management, web development, IT project management, and enterprise information security.
- Database Management: Database management concentrates on centralized relational database systems used for data processing.
- Systems Development: This class concentrates on the foundations of systems analysis and design, including contemporary design methodologies and computer-aided software engineering techniques.
- Artificial Intelligence: An artificial intelligence class will present AI as a coherent body of ideas and methods, including problem-solving paradigms, logic and theorem proving, language and image understanding, search and control methods, and learning.
Specializations and Concentrations
In one sense, the online doctorate in computer science already has a specializationenterprise information systems. But even within this area of focus, students can concentrate even more specifically on one area of interest or skill. Some of the possible concentrations include:
- Organizational Leadership
- Information Security
Online PhD programs in computer science in enterprise information systems qualify students for some of the most important and highest-paying jobs in the job market. A few of these lucrative careers include:
- IT/CIS Manager: An IT manager oversees both the information systems and the employees who work on those systems. This is a growing field, and IT managers see average salaries at about $112,210 per year.
- Computer Science Professor: There is always a need for skilled teachers to pass on computer and IT skills to others. This field is growing and earns a salary of $75,860 annually.
- Computer Software Engineer: Computer software engineers design and build the programs that make everything else run. Computer software engineers see an average of $92,430 per year.
- Business Technology Manager: These managers are part of a management team that integrates technology into the overall business philosophy of a company. This field pays an average of $88,000 yearly.
- Computer and Information Scientist: These scientists design, create, and evaluate new technology. Their career is a lucrative one, with a salary of about $97,970 a year.
A doctorate in computer science in enterprise information systems from top online schools prepare students to lead others in terms of tech related business practices and computer information security. With a strong background of skills and knowledge, students will find a wide variety of career opportunities.