Many executive officers of today’s top businesses demand versatile helping hands. An online associate degree in administrative assistance gives students the edge and training necessary to work in these often fast-paced, rigorous environments. Accredited online administrative assistance associate’s degree programs fine-tune clerical skills in addition to giving students a broad understanding of schedule and operations management. Entering the workforce with an online administrative assistance associate degree can be a rewarding experience that puts graduates into direct contact with important members of large corporations.
Online Associates Degrees in Administrative Assistance Requirements
Students who wish to obtain online associate degrees in administrative assistance typically have an interest in high throughput scenarios that involve many different duties. The best online administrative assistance associate degree program will prepare graduates to manage schedules, mail, telephone services and critical agendas with efficiency and accuracy.
Accredited online associate’s degree programs in administrative assistance typically take 2 years of full-time study to complete. Students can earn the following types of online associate degrees in administrative assistance:
- Associate of Arts in Administrative Assistance (AA Degree in Administrative Assistance)
- Associate of Science in Administrative Assistance (AS Degree in Administrative Assistance)
Many online associate’s in administrative assistance students transfer into an online bachelor’s degree in administrative assistance program upon the completion of their degree.
Top administrative assistance associate’s degree programs online stress the fundamental importance of time management and effective communication skills, as well as basic math and software ability. Students pursuing an online administrative assistance associate’s degree also learn data entry and business writing to enhance their background skills.
Courses common to the best online administrative assistance associate degree programs include:
- Techniques in the Microsoft Suite: In this course, students learn how to master the usage of software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Data Entry: This course will allow students to learn the terms and protocol associated with large scale data storage, entry, organization and analyses.
- Basic Business Math: Students in this course will gain familiarity with math applicable to business.
Graduates from online administrative assistance degree programs tend to pursue careers in one of the following job markets:
- Government Agency Secretary: These assistants function in legal settings and typically work alongside regulators and lawmakers, handling their busy schedules. Government secretaries earn about $35,000 per year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that jobs for administrative assistants rank among those with the most openings.
- Medical Assistant: Medical offices are fast-paced and require the accurate handling of records, appointments, and medical schedules. Hospital administrative assistances make about $34,000 per year. With the rapid growth of medicine, these jobs are projected to grow 12 percent between now and 2018.
- Employment Services Manager: Employment services managers take important roles in their company and often liaise with human resource departments. They make approximately $34,000 per year, and job prospects are projected to grow by 12 percent the next 8 years.
Obtaining an online administrative assistance associate’s degree by going to the best online schools is a rewarding first step into the busy realm of management. The first step towards a rewarding career in becoming an administrative assistance is to obtain an online associates degree in administrative assistance.